So I normally don't post for months at a time and today I'm posting twice! It's because its Canadian Thanksgiving and I have nothing else to do today.
We just bought a new car--a Honda Accord and I really like it. I'm trying not to get too attached because I have a paranoid fear that if I really LOVE it the car will get wrecked or stolen. But it's so nice that I might not be strong enough to help myself.
The drive to Medicine Hat for Thanksgiving was our first real road trip in the new car. It comes with XM Radio and for every song (no exaggeration) I would say: "I LOVE this song." Scott is a really good sport and hasn't asked me (yet)to quit saying that because every song cannot be my favorite song. But they play songs that I never hear on the radio anymore. On Friday they played "Into the Night" by Benny Mardones! I LOVE that song!
XM even carries Public Radio! I know that sounds really nerdy but I've always liked to listen to NPR and you can't get that on the radio here (obviously, I now live in a different nation).
Scott likes to listen to CNN--certainly not my top pick but it keeps him entertained and awake while he drives. So I "let" him listen to it when I sleep in the car.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I do love Into the Night...and do you remember when I used to love Three Dog Night...I just love Three Dog Night!
If y'all'd move back to the good ol' U.S of A, you could get things like NPR. Maybe even Paul Harvey. The possibilities are endless. So are you not doing anything today for Thanksgiving? That's sad. :(
Yes Elle, I remember: "This is 3 Dog Night, I just LOVE 3 Dog Night. They sing Jeremiah Was a Bullfrog, Mama Told Me Not to Come, and ....."
I can't remember the third one but anyway whenever I hear 3 dog night i think of you.
Post a Comment