Thursday, November 13, 2008

I need a good cry....

The other day I was wasting time at Louise Riley library. I go to this particular branch alot because its about 2 blocks from work and right next to a train station. If we drive to work, I often meet Scott there.

(As a side note I must say that Calgary has the best libraries I've ever been to. Besides having the requisit books, they have tonnes of movies and CDs. I'm constantly surprised by the number of "Texas Music" CDs they have. I've checked out all of the Pat Green cds and they even had Cross Canadian Ragweed (their name is deceiving, they're from Oklahoma and Texas, not Canada). Anyway back to the story.)

While I was waiting for Scott I was browsing in the CD section and found a CD by Bryn Terfel. His name may be familiar to you because he has sung with MoTab during a Christmas concert. He's a Welsh opera singer but this particular CD is "popular" music. My favorite song on the CD is The Rose that you probably know from Bette Middler. I've listened to it several times since I checked out the CD and I must admit I cry every time I listen to it. Not just a few tears but great gasping sobs! I'm not sure why I react this way. Sometimes I listen to it just to see if it has the same effect. And everytime...I find myself weeping! A the weird thing is, I really enjoy this emotional breakdown! I guess sometimes I just need a good cry.

If you too need a 3 minutes weepfest (although I can't guarantee it will have the same effect on you) You can listen to it on youtube, I don't recommend watching the video because I find it really distracting (in a bad way).

Another song that also causes weeping--although to a lesser degree--is a duet by Jose Carreras and Sissel called Quando Sento che Mi Ami. I've played this one for Elle and although she likes it she doesn't feel the need to bawl like a baby so maybe this reaction is peculiar to me!

2 comments:

Jill said...

Ummmm, are you hormonal? or just a sap? Please fix my blog so I don't look like a purple sock.

Ellie said...

um...I'm not really sure what to say here...