
We've been vacationing in Montana for the past few days. We spent the first 2 days at a beautiful cabin just off the lake. Although it rained most of the time we had a good time wandering around Bigfork. There is a great little cafe that serves the delicious home-style food in HUGE portions.
Yesterday when we woke up it was snowing and by the time we were ready to leave Bigfork the ground was covered. Apparently they have an extra month here in Montana -- June-uary!
When we reached Bozemen we couldn't find a hotel room. We were about to give up but we decided to try a big log cabin hotel called "C'mon Inn." Scott was hesitant because it wasn't an national chain but I thought it looked nice and clean so we tried and they had a room!
When we woke up this morning there was another snow storm and a winter weather warning for the Yellowstone area. Since we couldn't leave today we decided to drive around Bozeman. It's a great little city. It has beautiful old houses and a great Main Street with an antique store right next to an amazing quilt store. As usual Scott did an outstanding job of spoiling me and the ladies at the quilt store were suitably impressed by him.
If the roads are clear tomorrow we will head down to Yellowstone, if not this waterfall in our hotel maybe as close as we get to Old Faithful!
5 comments:
I want to go to the little quilt store!
I think we should all meet in Montana for a girls weekend!!! It would be so fun!
Hi Amanda, I need to add your blog to my blog!
I've been to Montana once, white water rafting. It was pretty.
You are so spoiled. Last night was my ten year reunion, I will have to tell you all about it!
yeah, well its snowing here too. Its drops of humidity. It's about 100 and the pool is 84. Almost like swimmin' in da tub. I'm sure Scott lived up to his usual dedicated self.
Post a Comment